CEREC Restorations: Advanced Technology at Dr. Fridh’s Office
When it comes to dental procedures (especially dental crowns and root canals), we at Daniel W. Fridh, DDS, understand that they can be daunting. We strive to create an environment with cutting-edge technology and compassionate patient care. One of the technologies we utilize in our La Porte, IN, dental office is CEREC Restorations, also known as same-day crowns. Not only does this technology restore your smile, but it is also convenient and efficient!
A Look Into CEREC Restorations
But wait, what exactly are CEREC restorations? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. We’ll explain the process step by step, from tooth preparation to the final bonding. We aim to share our dental expertise in clear, concise language, making even the most technical information accessible and understandable.
The CEREC Restoration Process
CEREC restorations, also known as Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic, are created using computer-aided technology. The process typically involves the following steps:
- Tooth prep: Your dentist will prepare the tooth by removing any decay or damage and shaping it for a beautiful restoration. Getting the tooth ready is an important step to ensure a successful CEREC restoration.
- Scanning: We use a modern intraoral scanner to take a digital impression of the prepared tooth. This high-tech scanner captures precise 3D images of the tooth and nearby structures without messy materials.
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD): Using specialized CAD software, we create a virtual model of the restoration based on the digital impressions. This ensures a custom fit and attractive appearance, considering factors such as shape and size.
- Milling: Once the restoration design is finalized, it’s sent to a milling unit. The computer-guided technology fabricates the restoration from a solid block of ceramic material in about 10-15 minutes.
- Finishing and Polishing: After milling, we make any necessary adjustments to ensure a perfect fit and proper bite alignment. Then, we carefully polish the restoration for a natural and attractive finish.
- Bonding: Our expert dentists bond the completed CEREC restoration to the prepared tooth using dental adhesive. This ensures a secure and long-lasting attachment to the tooth structure.
We prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction every step of the way. You can trust Daniel W. Fridh, DDS, to provide the highest quality CEREC restorations with a friendly, approachable style.
Who Is a Good Candidate for this Procedure?
CEREC dental restorations can suit individuals with specific dental conditions or cosmetic concerns. Some common factors that may make someone a good candidate include:
- Severe Tooth Discoloration or Cosmetic Complications: Same-day crowns can benefit individuals with severely discolored teeth or cosmetic issues such as uneven or short teeth. They can help improve the tooth’s appearance and restore a natural-looking smile.
- Tooth Damage or Decay: CEREC restorations can cover damaged teeth or teeth with cavities. They provide a durable and natural-looking solution to restore the function and aesthetics of the affected tooth.
- Need for a Quick Restoration: Same-day crowns are created and placed in a single dental visit, eliminating multiple appointments. This makes them a convenient option for individuals who prefer a faster dental restoration process.
What Are the Advantages of CEREC Restorations?
As the name suggests, same-day crowns allow for same-day treatment, eliminating the need for multiple visits and reducing overall treatment time. A typical dental crown process can take up to a few weeks! Patients can have their dental restorations completed in a single appointment.
With CEREC technology, there is no need for temporary restorations and subsequent follow-up visits. Patients can leave the dental office with their permanent restoration in place, avoiding the inconvenience of multiple appointments.
CEREC restorations are custom-designed using advanced 3D scanning technology and computer-aided design software. This ensures a precise fit and optimal functionality of the dental restoration, improving chewing and speech capabilities. The use of advanced technology provides a comfortable experience for patients. Digital impressions eliminate the need for traditional, often messy, impression materials, making the process more comfortable and efficient.
CEREC restorations are known for their high strength and durability. The ceramic materials are resistant to wear and can withstand the forces of everyday chewing and biting, offering long-lasting results.
This dental procedure offers excellent long-term satisfaction for patients. With their natural appearance and durability, patients can enjoy restored oral health and a confident smile for years. While CEREC restorations may initially be more expensive than traditional methods, they can ultimately save patients money in the long run. With fewer appointments and no need for temporary restorations, patients save on additional visit fees and the associated costs.
The Expertise of Daniel W. Fridh, DDS
With this advanced technology, patients no longer need to endure multiple appointments and temporary restorations. Instead, they can leave the office with a durable, custom-made restoration in just one visit. Dr. Fridh’s commitment to staying at the forefront of dental advancements ensures that his patients receive the highest level of care and benefit from the latest technology available. So why settle for outdated methods when you can experience the convenience and efficiency of CEREC restorations? Visit Dr. Fridh’s office today and discover the future of dental technology. Your smile deserves nothing less.