Meet Dr. Fridh
Daniel W. Fridh, DDS, MAGD
Dr. Fridh received his AB in Biological Sciences from Indiana University
in 1972. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Indiana University
School of Dentistry in 1975.
Dr. Fridh was awarded a General Practice Residency with the United States Air Force
May, 1975. He completed his residency at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi,
Mississippi, in June 1976.
He then served as Chief of Dental Operations at Baudette Air Force Station,
Baudette, Minnesota and Finley Air Force Base, Finley, North Dakota. During his
residency, his dissertation on the Effects of Fluoridation was adopted by the
Air Force as an official publication. While stationed at Baudette, he was
instrumental in developing a Certified Dental Assistant Training program at the
base. He was awarded a medal for meritorious service for his years of service
with the USAF.
Dental Organization Affiliations and Memberships:
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Indiana Dental Association
- Treasurer of the Indiana Dental Association
- Member and Past President of the Northwest Indiana Dental Society
- Member and Past President of the La Porte County Dental Society
- Serving his second term on Indiana University School of Dentistry Alumni
Board of Directors
- Member of Pierre Fauchard Society
- Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Fellow in the International College of Dentists
- Vice-chairman, IDA Council on Dental Benefits.
- Past chairman of a subcommittee to revitalize dental direct
- La Porte County Dental Services Program.
- Directors Indiana State Dental Foundation
- Northwest Indiana Dental Foundation for Education
- Currently chairperson of the La Porte Hospital Dental Staff and member
of the hospital Executive committee.
- Founder and two-term president of Neutral Zone of La Porte, a teen
- Member and past president of the Kiwanis Club
- Member of the La Porte Chamber of Commerce
- Past service to the American Heart Association
- Past service to La Porte United Way
- Six years service on St. Joseph School Advisory Council
- Member of St. Joseph Church
- Member of Indiana University Hoosiers For Higher Education
- Member Indiana University Alumni Association